02 May 2013

Birdhouse in my Soul Necklace

And for today's piece . . .
Yes, that crazy song truly has taken up residence in my soul, so when I saw the birdhouse pendant by Jennifer Heynene I knew I had to have it.

And then I went a little crazy.

The birdhouse has a loop on the bottom to add charms, so I thought . . . BIRD . . . and embossed one on a copper circle. Matching bead dangles include transparent blue and green glass, opaque red, dyed matte yellow agate and a funky little blue rose.

The charm loop is hand punched, textured with a hammer and colored with alcohol ink. It also serves as the clasp combined with the large toggle-bar which is finished in the same way then embellished with a wire rosette.

If you're wondering where to find this piece, it won't make it to my inventory. I'm encouraging the happy song to stick around a while longer and keeping this one for myself. But if you like it, contact me and as always I can make something similar for you!

No comments :

Post a Comment